Vegetables can easily lose their nutrients, original texture, flavor, and color when not kept properly in storage. For green, leafy ones and a number of fruit-like vegetables, you need a refrigerator to maintain its freshness and palatability. The following tips will be very helpful.
1. Plan your regular food buying. Buy vegetables just enough for what you need in that certain period and see to it that green and leafy vegetables are consumed in 2-3 days while root and fruit vegetables may last from one to several weeks.
2. Know your vegetables. You may have favorite vegetables, vegetables that you eat only because you need to, and there are certain vegetables also that you really can't take. Nevertheless, buy freshly harvested vegetables so they will last longer than vegetables that are sold, especially in supermarkets, for days already. Be familiar with the keeping characteristics of certain vegetables. For example, potatoes darken and converts its starch to sugar when kept in the fridge so they are better kept out away from direct sunlight. Onions and garlic are better kept in the pantry or cupboards. Broccoli, mushrooms, cabbage, or leafy ones are best kept in the crisper. Carrots, cucumbers, or tomatoes may be stored in the fridge's shelves. Green and leafy ones are best wrapped in old newspapers before storing.
3. Know your refrigerator. If you are a vegetable lover and your place is quite some distance from the wet market, you must select a refrigerator that will serve you best. See to it that it has vegetable shelves and crisper. There are freezers that can double as a refrigerator because they are provided with thermostat controls.
4. Know your storing techniques. People around the world have different creative ways of keeping their vegetables. You may be surprised sometimes that their techniques works just as well in keeping the nutrients, flavor, color and texture of vegetables. Freezing is the quickest way of preserving vegetables but you have to educate yourself first before you dump your vegetables inside the freezer as you need to prepare specific vegetables first freezing them. You must also do some research about food compatibility since vegetables, as well as fruits, gives off ethylene, a tasteless, odorless and harmless gas that speeds up ripening. Do not wash green and leafy ones if possible as this speed up rotting. If washing is really necessary, allow vegetables to be dry enough before storing.
5. Know about storing hygiene. Most wastage due to rotting of vegetables in the fridge is not due to improper storing or refrigerator inefficiency. See to it that all compartments are clean enough and there is no presence of rotten food as this will contaminate the newly stored ones. Be careful in arranging your food inside the fridge so that nothing drips upon your vegetables which are usually placed in the bottom shelves. Cut off also the decayed or damaged parts of vegetables before storing.
These tips are very basic and practical. You and your refrigerator can work well together in keeping your vegetables fresh and equally nutritious.
Cardiovascular exercise is a proven way to improve an individual’s health and when it comes to a Cardio Work out, few choices are as suitable as choosing bicycle riding.
The immense popularity of the sport in recent years can be attributed to many important benefits; some of the most relevant ones will be mentioned next:
1. It’s fun. Although most other benefits are just as important, the fact that persistence is made easier when an activity is fun makes a bicycle based Cardio Work out one of the most entertaining activities to practice in order to be in shape. Whether indoors or outdoors it is a proven way to keep motivation high since many different speed rates can be chosen along with the environment to practice it.
2. Alleviates pain on joints. As you may already know, sports such as running create extra stress on joints, up to the point where it may create serious health concerns. Bicycle based workouts are a solution to this problem. Adding to this long term benefit another important and adjacent one is that the sport can be practiced under any weather. From kids to adults, people of all sorts of backgrounds benefit from an injury free practice throughout their lifetime.
3. A bicycle based Cardio Work Out is environment friendly. As global warming sets global records, an increasingly large number of people choose environment friendly activities. This global conscience has fueled a big market where a person can find bicycles and accessories for any need and budget. It is also a fantastic way to enjoy fresh air while getting fit and healthy.
4. Increased calorie spending. Burning calories is of the essence when it comes to burning fat and keeping a healthy weight. By spending more calories, an individual assures their way to fitness, a sense of wellbeing and increased health. A healthy metabolic rate is made possible by increasing cardiovascular health and this is where bicycling comes into play because it is a proven and perfect way to spend calories through aerobic exercise.
It is important to mention that many other sports require a certain amount of previous achievements in order to benefit from them. A bicycle based cardio workout can provide any individual instant results since it can be suited to every level, from beginner to professional. If all the aforementioned facts weren’t enough, many people take bicycling as an effective way to move around. By doing this, individuals can save large amounts of money due to the always increasing gas prices.